Engineers offering services to the public in Utah must be licensed by the Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL). Their web site offers a quick way to verify that an individual engineer or engineering firm is licensed. Click here.

In order to be licensed as a Professional Engineer in Utah or any other state, an Engineer must graduate with a bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university, pass the Fundamentals of Engineer examination, have for or more years of experience as an Engineers, and then pass a second discipline-specific examination. Information about applying for a license can be found here.

USPE members adhere to the NSPE Code of Ethics. In addition, PEs are also held to the state's Code of Ethics which can be found here.